Last week I shared part 1 of this steak extravaganza. Today I bring you part 2: skirt steak sandwiches!
These sandwiches were amazing!
My photography skills didn’t quite capture that, but trust me! How are you even supposed to take pictures of sandwiches that capture all of the goodness?
With just a little bit of prep, I turned leftovers into haute cuisine. You know, the paper plate kind.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is Arby’s Horsey Sauce – which is a horseradish mayo. It was such a great contrast to the sweet balsamic steak.
Add some cheese & sauteed onions to buttery Italian bread & you’ve got a gourmet sandwich!
Skirt Steak Sandwiches
For 2 sandwiches:
- leftover Grilled balsamic skirt steak; about 1/2 lb
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 packets Arby’s Horsey Sauce, or 2 tbsp horseradish mayo
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- olive oil
- Thinly slice the onion & sautee with a little olive oil.
- Thinly slice the skirt steak. When onions are almost done, add skirt steak to pan to thoroughly reheat.
- Toast the sliced Italian bread & add butter.
- Spread Arby’s Horsey Sauce on one of the slices of bread. Use 1 packet per sandwich.
- Assemble the sandwich: steak, onions, swiss cheese.