Today is International Bacon Day!
Or at least, one of them, anyway.
To celebrate both bacon day & the start of college football this weekend, I’m making these delicious sweet & cheesy bacon tots.
I first made these for New Year’s Eve last year & they were such a hit!
Just a little prep & 25 minutes later you’ll be in sweet, crunchy heaven! There’s just something about the combination of brown sugar & bacon that’s hard not to love. Then this recipe adds 2 of my other favorite things – cheese & potatoes.
I better not make these until our friends come over, otherwise there will be none left for them!
Sweet & Cheesy Bacon Tots
Adapted from Damn Delicious
- 2 cups frozen tater tots, room temperature
- 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch squares
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 4
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- Lay one tater tot on its side & top with a cheese square. Wrap in a piece of bacon.Repeat with all tater tots. Roll each tater tot in the brown sugar, pressing to coat.
- Place tater tots seam side down onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle more brown sugar if necessary. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Want more bacon-containing recipes to celebrate today?
Shrimp & Cheese Grits with Bacon