The high temperature in south Florida today was 91 degrees. We just started spring & it already feels like summer! To combat the heat, I whipped up a refreshing treat for me & my husband.
This delicious adult treat is sooooooo easy to make! All you need is frozen fruit, sweet wine, a blender, a couple wine glasses, & some straws!
For our smoothies, I used a bag of ‘tropical’ (strawberry, peach, pineapple, & mango) frozen fruit & white zinfandel. Feel free to try other fruits, such as mixed berries, & other sweet wines, such as Riesling!
We Floridians have to get really creative to beat the heat!
Makes 2 large smoothies
- 1 lb bag of frozen fruit
- 1/2 bottle of sweet wine
- Add fruit & wine to a blender. Use smoothie setting, or blend to desired consistency.
- Serve in a wine glass with a straw & enjoy!
Woohoo! My 100th post!
It’s National Margarita Day!
Last year we celebrated with strawberry margaritas. This year I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you.
My husband found the original recipe here, & changed it just a little bit. One of the commenters nicknamed it the White Margarita, so that’s what we call it. Made with silver tequila & lemon-lime soda (Sprite), it’s a cool white color in the end.
Sprite gives it a bubbly sweetness that makes it a little different that the traditional ‘rita.
Salt for him
None for her
My husband loves salt with his margaritas, I prefer them without 🙂
Salt or no salt, this margarita is deliciously refreshing. You can taste the tequila just enough to know you’re drinking the real deal, but not enough to give you flashbacks of your college days.
Feel free to adjust the amount of soda or lime juice as needed. My husband likes his strong & I like mine sweet, but the below recipe is just right for both of us.
Enjoy National Margarita Day responsibly!
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda such as Sprite
- salt for rimming glasses (optional)
- lime wedge, for serving
- Rim 2 glasses with salt (if desired), & fill with ice.
- Pour the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, & soda into a shaker filled with ice. Be sure to hold your hand over over the top of the shaker so that it doesn’t pop off from the carbonation.
- Pour into prepared glasses, serve with a lime wedge, & enjoy!
Today is National Margarita Day! Also, the Oscars are on! To celebrate, we went to our friends Beth & David’s house. Beth & I made strawberry jam, and my husband made us all strawberry margaritas!