Every single year at Christmas time I look forward to Cranberry Bliss Bars coming back at Starbucks. This year, I somehow got the idea to turn my beloved bliss bar into an ice cream flavor.
Call it divine intervention.
This ice cream recipe captures all of the essence of the Starbucks bar, but in a creamy frozen treat.
I didn’t want to just throw a cranberry bliss bar into some vanilla ice cream. I really thought about how to make this ice cream blissfully special.
A cranberry bliss bar is essentially a blondie with cream cheese icing, white chocolate, & dried cranberries. There’s an almost hidden citrus-y component to them – orange zest. I wanted my ice cream to encompass all of these wonderful flavors.
My cranberry bliss bar ice cream is a cream cheese ice cream with dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, orange marmalade, & Biscoff cookies.
I love Biscoff cookies! I just learned that this is what a speculoos cookie is! I totally get the Trader Joe’s speculoos hype now.
Cupcake loves them, too.
Biscoff/speculoos cookies are the perfect way to represent the blondie without having to make a blondie. I left them in large-ish chunks & they get wonderfully soft in the ice cream.
I like a lot of stuff in my ice cream. If you’re not a huge fan of lots of bits in your ice cream, just cut the amounts listed below for the mix ins in half. The cream cheese ice cream alone is SO GOOD. I’m quite proud of myself for it!
This Christmas treat came out even better than I could have imagined.
Bonus picture of the baby watching the ice cream machine.
Cranberry Bliss Bar Ice Cream
Makes 1 quart
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dried canberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 Biscoff cookies
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- Using the whisk attachment, whip the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- While the cream cheese is whipping, soak the dried cranberries in water.
- Add sugar & a pinch of salt to the cream cheese & continue to whip.
- Add lime juice, heavy cream, & milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mix into ice cream maker. Churn for 20 minutes. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container.
- Strain the cranberries & add them to the ice cream along with white chocolate chips. Break up Biscoff cookies & add to ice cream. Swirl mix ins throughout. Finally, stir in orange marmalade.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. If ice cream is too hard to serve, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before scooping.