Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza

Last week I shared a delicious whole wheat pizza crust recipe. Now I’m finally getting around to sharing what I put on it!

wp-1463688419444.jpg

Tada!

My husband & I first had this delicious combination in Italy. You have not had ricotta cheese until you’ve had it fresh in Italy. It’s been 2 years and I still think about it. Ever since, this has become our favorite pizza combo. Naturally, it was our first choice of toppings for my first homemade pizza crust.

It’s nothing too complicated. You start with the standard pizza sauce & shredded mozzarella & then add prosciutto slices & spoonfuls of ricotta. To make it even more delicious I added black pepper, oregano, and crushed garlic. Pro tip: you don’t have to peel garlic if you’re going to use a garlic press!

wp-1463688435819.jpg

I don’t have a pizza stone, so I just baked it on an old cookie sheet in the oven at 500 degrees (that’s as hot as my oven gets) for 12-15 minutes.

wp-1463688397461.jpg

I didn’t try this, but for a crispier bake it for less time on the cookie sheet & then put it directly on the rack for the last few minutes.

wp-1463088473771.jpg

I will definitely try that tip next time.

wp-1463688429539.jpg

Now we don’t have to go out to a fancy Italian place to get this awesome pizza!

Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza

• pizza dough, rolled out
  • olive oil
  • pizza sauce
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • prosciutto slices
  • ricotta cheese
  • crushed garlic
  • black pepper
  • oregano
  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Brush the edge of the pizza crust with olive oil
  2. Spread pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese on the crust. Place pieces of prosciutto spoonfuls of ricotta cheese all over the pizza.Sprinkle crushed garlic, black pepper, and oregano all over.
  3. Bake for 12-15 minutes using cookie sheet or pizza stone.
  4. Cut, serve & enjoy!

Advertisements

Tagged: , , ,

10 thoughts on “Prosciutto Ricotta Pizza

1. mylifeasishan May 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM Reply

Looks amazing

Liked by 1 person

2. Rice N Dine May 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM Reply

I’m so intrigued, looks really yummy! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Beth Owens May 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM Reply

“I will try that tip next time”…You mean Anthony will be trying that tip next time 😉 Gina, doing things in a 500 degree oven, I think not! David and I will be making this pizza combo tonight.

Liked by 1 person

• Gina May 20, 2016 at 9:50 AM Reply

You are very right! I wouldn’t even get the frozen pizza we made yesterday out of the oven at 425 degrees!

4. Coastal Kelder May 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM Reply

oh my goodness, this looks amazing. Must make immediately!

Liked by 1 person

5. The Red Painted Cottage June 9, 2016 at 7:24 PM Reply

Gina, This looks delicious! I have to be honest and say that I’ve never have made a pizza from scratch, but I’m pinning this and hopefully I’ll make it…eventually.

Liked by 1 person