Tomorrow is Super Bowl 50!
We are going to a party at a friend’s house & of course we can’t show up empty handed!
Last year I made these football cupcakes, so I wanted to do something a little different.
Oreo cookie truffles have been all over my newsfeed recently. These are not oreo truffles – but they’re pretty close & SUPER tasty!
I had a box of chocolate graham crackers, so I decided to use it. The rest is pretty standard for any cookie truffle. Butterfinger is not a main flavor in the finished truffle, but every couple bites you get a nice peanut buttery crunch!
Using the food processor I pulsed the crackers and butterfingers until finely crumbled & poured into my mixer bowl. Then I added room temperature softened cream cheese & vanilla frosting. Using the paddle attachment, I stirred the ingredients until it was the consistency of a stiff dough.
My husband & I then shaped the ‘dough’ into little footballs on parchment paper & let them chill in the fridge. I love parchment paper so much, it’s so useful!
I melted the chocolate chips & coated the little footballs. If you’re using a microwave, like I did, don’t melt all the chocolate at once & remember to stir often. I coated all the truffles & then put them in the fridge for a few minutes. Once the chocolate was set, I piped on the laces.
These are very rich & delicious! I can’t wait to share with friends tomorrow.
Game Day Cookie Truffles
Makes about 4 dozen truffles
- 1 box chocolate graham crackers
- 1 package cream cheese, softened & at room temperature
- 2 Butterfinger candies
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting, plus more for piping
- 12oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Use a food processor to finely crumble graham crackers & butterfinger candies (may take several batches depending on food processor capacity). Transfer to mixer bowl.
- Add room temperature cream cheese & vanilla frosting. Using paddle attachment, mix on low speed until consistency is like that of a stiff dough. Spoon about a tablespoon worth of dough at at time onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper & shape into footballs. Chill in refrigerator at least 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips & coat football truffles. Allow to set in refrigerator before piping laces with vanilla frosting.