I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Caleb from Intrepid Muses. His blog is super cool & I am touched that he thinks mine is, too!
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world! I love this concept, because due to Caleb’s nomination I clicked on the other 10 bloggers he nominated & found some cool blogs I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.
I was trying to look up the origins of the Liebster award & came across this post from Wording Well. Looks like the rules have changed along the way; it’s like that childhood game Telephone! I’m going to stick to the rules my nominator used.
Here are the rules that were given to me:
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
• Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
• Let the bloggers know you nominated them
• Give them 11 questions of your own
Caleb’s nomination included the option to skip the “award post” if that isn’t your style – I love that suggestion! I do agree with him, though, that answering the questions, getting to know each other, & having fun is the point here!
I nominate the following 11 awesome blogs I follow:
- 365 Days Of Marriage
- Purposeful Parenting
- Life In Between
- Ordinary Epiphanies
- A Cupcake For Love
- The Newish Wife
- Wood Kitchen
- Coastal Kelder
- The Love Bungalow
- Fabulous Fare Sisters
- My Name Is Not Katie
My questions to you guys are below the ones I answered 🙂
1. What is your favorite book and why? Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland. I love the nonsensical fun nature of it!
2. If you could write a book what it would be about? I would like to write a book about how all 15 children from my mom’s family made it to the US from Cuba.
3. Who is your favorite contemporary author? Stephen King, though I haven’t picked up one of his books in a looong time.
4. If you could meet someone in history who it would be? Paul the apostle.
5. What is your favorite movie/tv show? GILMORE GIRLS!!! I am SO excited for the revival coming to Netflix!
6. What is the worst movie ever made? Wikipedia actually has a nice list about this!
7. What are your hobbies? Besides blogging! I suppose my hobbies are the things I blog about – crafts, baking, & cooking! I also play a little music (handbells in church & trombone just for fun!)
8. What is your favorite place in the world and why? *sappy alert* Anywhere with my husband. I enjoy life the most when he’s around.
9. What place have you not visited but would you like to visit the most? And why? I have always wanted to go to Australia to go diving in the Great Barrier Reef. First I have to learn how to dive…
10. What is your favorite literary quote? Oh man, I could totally lie & pick on right now but I really don’t have one!
11. Tell us a random fact about you… I’m a Jeep girl! I have always loved them (probably because Lorelai drives a Wrangler) OlllllllO
For my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
3. What is the furthest you’ve ever been from your home town?
4. What was your favorite subject in high school?
5. Do you love your current job? If not, what is your dream job?
6. In an ideal scenario, how many children would you like to have?
7. What’s your favorite dish that your parents made for you?
8. Cilantro: love it or hate it?
9. What’s your favorite type of cuisine?
10. What is your favorite fictional character – movie, book, or tv show!
11. If you started another blog, what would it be about?
I am looking forward to seeing your answers! Thanks again, Caleb, for the nomination! This has been fun 🙂