I love that a lot of my recipe posts come from cooking for company! It means I have good friends & food to go around. I am a very blessed lady!
Last night some church friends came over for dinner & to help me with some stuff for a fundraiser I’m in charge of for our sister church in Cuba.
I was looking for something easy but tasty to make for us when I remembered a recipe I’ve made a couple of times. I came across this recipe on Pinterest, & it is pure GENIUS!
This 8 Can Taco Soup from High Heels and Grills is as amazing as it is simple. You literally put together 8 cans of stuff plus a packet of taco seasoning & a brilliant soup comes out.
Ok, fine, my chicken broth came from a box & not a can – because I already had it in the pantry! Otherwise I would have bought a can.
Yes, that is a can of tomatoes. The only thing I do differently than the original recipe is I buy regular diced tomatoes (as opposed to petite) & only use the liquid. I don’t omit it entirely because I’m afraid the flavor won’t be the same if I do – & I really don’t want to mess with this soup, THAT’S how good it is. I just use the juice from the can. I put the tomato chunks back into my husband’s & my guests’ bowls, though. No need to deprive them just because I am a weirdo.
I seriously threw this soup together in like 10 minutes. It took me longer to make the quesadillas I served with it. Also, it’s really inexpensive! The pot makes a lot; 4 of us ate generous portions & I still had plenty to take to work with me!
So yummy, & so, so easy!
8 Can Chicken Taco Soup
Copied from High Heels and Grills
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can white chicken breast, drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pot.
- Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.